Music Skills Class (ages 7-9)
Tentative Schedule: Wednesdays 2:00-3:00pm
Start and End Dates: August 30th-December 13th
15 classes and 1 presentation
This is a fun music development class where students learn fundamental music theory and sight reading!
Objectives: At the end of this short session, students should be able to:
- Recite the ascending and descending musical alphabet
- Identify and play all notes on the piano keyboard
- Identify Middle C up to C (3rd space) on the Treble Clef staff
- Sight read rhythms in 3/4 and 4/4 time including combinations of quarter notes, quarter rests, eighth notes, half notes, half rests, whole notes and whole rests.
- Sight sing easy melodies on the Treble Clef Staff
- Identify understand a wide variety of musical signs and symbols
Tuition: $184.50/month (4 payments) or $ 246/month (3 payments)