Vocal A Cappella Camp
A Cappella Training is the best traininig for developing singers. Singers will work on various skills to improve their overall technique, musicianship and performance skills. During the week we will offer:
- Vocal Technique Classes
- Ear Training Drills
- Performance Workshops
- Solo A Cappella Performance Workshops
- Group A Cappella Rehearsals/Performances
All participants will perform a 60-90 second a cappella piece at the end of the week, and they will perform 1-2 songs an a cappella singing group. The performance will take place on Friday, July 21st at 5pm at a local venue.
Please email us to schedule an audition. Current Coast Music vocal ensemble students need not audition.
A Cappella Camp Dates: July 17th – July 21st
Tuition: $675, *Multi-camp Price: $573.75
In addition, we will be working with singers each day on voice technique and performance:
Participants will learn from LA’s top voice coaches! Participants will:
- Study basic vocal physiology
- Learn best practices for vocal health
- Learn about laryngeal massage and practice self massage
- Learn relaxation techniques to free and open up the instrument
- Work on registration and mixing
- Learn new exercises to help develop more power, agility, and range
We will also focus on all areas of vocal performance including, but not limited to:
- Fine tuning your pitch and timing
- Connecting emotion to phrasing
- Harmonizing and A Cappella singing
- Repertoire discovery and selection
- Making a song your own
- Stage presence and song delivery
*We offer a 15% multi-camp discount for additional enrollments. The first program is full price. After your first enrollment, you will receive a 15% discount for all additional enrollments. This discount is unlimited per family, so you can use the discount for siblings or for the same participant in another program.
Out of Town Participants
(Ages 12 and up)
If you live out of town and seek housing, you may be interested in our host family program. We have a short list of trusted families who look forward to hosting our summer program participants. Host families provide a private room (or shared room with another approved participant), housing, breakfast and dinner. The nightly fee is $200/night. All families and participants will meet over zoom before the arrangement is approved. Please fill out the form at the bottom of this page if you are interested in placement with a host family.